Вакансія на посаду Library Outreach Coordinator від IREX, 2010 р.
|Position Title:||Library Outreach Coordinator|
|Position Location:||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Effective Date:||October 2010|
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing leadership and innovative programs to improve the quality of education, strengthen independent media, and foster pluralistic civil society development.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $50 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX and its partner IREX Europe deliver crosscutting programs and consulting expertise in more than 50 countries.
For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.ua .
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a qualified professional to fill the position of Library Outreach Coordinator for the Bibliomist program. This position will serve as a liaison with libraries that are part of the Bibliomist program or are interested in participating. This position requires a librarianship background and will be located in Kyiv.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities:
• Coordinate contests to select libraries to participate in the Bibliomist program.
• Monitor winning libraries as they prepare their premises to serve as public access points to the internet.
• Manage the orientation of new libraries entering the program as well as other networking events (regional and Kiev-based) for participating libraries.
• Serve as the primary Bibliomist liaison with rayon and city library systems participating in the Bibliomist program.
• Assist the Partnerships Coordinator in tracking program developments on the oblast-level through coordination with the program’s oblast representatives.
• Advise the team on various aspects of the relationship between Bibliomist and libraries and on issues related to library development in Ukraine
Candidates must have good presentational and interpersonal skills, be able to communicate successfully with libraries and local government officials, be well organized, able to work independently, skilled at handling multiple tasks, able to work in stressful situations, and willing to travel. Other specific qualifications should include at a minimum:
At least 2 years experience working as a librarian, with direct experience providing innovative library services to users and preferably supervisory experience
Participation in international donor library projects (LEAP, EU projects etc) is preferable.
Strong knowledge of the structure and operation of the Ukrainian library system
Project management/implementation experience is an advantage
Fluent in Russian and Ukrainian with a strong command of English
University degree, preferably in library science
Please email your cover letter and resume in English and salary history with the subject line “CSD/LOC/MU” to resumes.gl[at]irex[dot]ua . No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered.